Monday, January 16, 2012

Introductory Post

Hello dear reader and friend,

I hope you are having a lovely day so far. I would like to begin this blog to tell some stories and anecdotes about my interests and adventures. My curiosity and love of learning tend to take me down winding crafty and literary paths so I thought this would be a nice place to share these with others.

I live with my feline friend, Ophelia in a little harbourside village called Double Bay. Our home is a green art-deco apartment that's filled with many, many books.

At the moment I am cross stitching this Theresa Wentzler design to put on my wall.



I began knitting a while back and completed a magenta beanie for my first project. I am hoping to start knitting again and I have been looking through Ravelry for inspiration. I could while away hours on that site admiring the inspirational designers. I am thinking of completing either a shawl or cardigan now. While I am a fairly inexperienced knitter, I like to dive in at the deep end when I am learning a new skill.

The other venture I will be starting soon is art lessons. There is a lovely girl at my work called Elizabeth who it turns out is very artistic and loves nature. We have worked together for several years but it is only in the last two months or so that we have discovered just how similar our interests and outlook on life are. She asked if I would be interested in joining her in some classes. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I agreed and we will be doing some life drawing classes. Eventually I hope to learn watercolour skills so that I can do botanical and animal paintings.

The last hobby I'd like to mention is cooking. I love food a lot and inadvertently fell into becoming a cookbook reviewer for a couple of local publishers last year. I hope to be sharing some of the recipes I test with you – especially if they are delicious.

I will leave it there for now. I'm finishing a cup of fenugreek seed tea and will soon pack my things to go home. I hope you all have a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment