I confirmed with the restaurant beforehand that all the pastas and pizza bases are vegan so that leaves a very big scope of dishes to choose from.
For the entrée I ordered the dish roast eggplant dip with crisp bread. It was very delicious – whilst it took the edge off being hungry, it didn’t leave me that full that I didn’t feel like a main afterwards as sometimes happens to me!
For the main, I had the spaghettini with roma tomato, garlic, basil and Napoli sauce. There was nothing remarkable about this dish, but I always enjoy a good basic pasta on any given day.
The staff were very attentive and willing to be helpful so overall, it was a very pleasant atmosphere.
The vegan (or veganisable) dishes available are:
Starters and Sharing
- Dish hummus with crisp bread
- Dish roast eggplant dip with crisp bread
- Bowl of marinated olives with grissini (ask for the white anchovies to be removed)
- Traditional tomato bruschetta
- Pear and Walnut (without the parmesan)
- Roast Pumpkin and Charred Zucchini (without the goasts cheese)
- Roast beetroot and Roast red Onion (without the feta and yoghurt dressing)
- Spaghettini with roma tomato, garlic, basil and napoli sauce
- Penne with roast eggplant ragu and pine nuts (without the feta)
- Spiced Eggplant Ragu
- Shoestring fries (without aioli)
- Green beans with extra olive oil and lemon
The restaurant is located in 5a/19-27 Cross St Double Bay NSW 2028 which is just next to the lovely Oscar’s bookshop.