Sunday, January 22, 2012

Slow Sundays

Sunday is my favourite day of the week because I have the morning to myself and I get to ramble around Double Bay. I usually start with breakfast at Simmone Logue while reading the paper. This morning I ordered sourdough toast with preserves and English Breakfast tea. I pored over my newly bought magazine issue of "The English Home" where most pages are filled with images of homes that are so beautiful and inviting. I picked up a loaf of sourdough bread to take home, because this is the best I have ever tasted. If I had to survive on bread and water I would not mind two bits if it was bread from Simmone Logue.
After breakfast I wander over to the Oscar and Friends bookshop to buy a book. This morning I took a slight detour via Papier D'Amour which is an exquisite little stationery store. I saw some gorgeous pencil tins there last week and I wanted to buy one for my friends daughter as a gift for starting Kindergarten. Unfortunately many other people had had the same idea as they were all sold out. Never mind!
I am all for supporting local bookstores, so I am doing my bit for Oscar's. Books are my one weakness and when I say I go in to buy one book it usually means two. Or three. Or more depending on what new goodies have arrived. There is a new edition of the Narnia series which I have had my eye on which I am aiming to eventually collect in its entirety.

This morning I bought two of the books.

Finally, on my way home I popped into the flower shop to see if there were any blooms to brighten up my living room. I chose these gorgeous orange and yellow roses.

Ophelia very much approved on them, even jumping up on my coffee tables for closer inspection. Although, I suspect she was more interested in the paper (she LOVES paper) than the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment